Saturday, December 23, 2023

A Simple Stitch, a Touch of Pink: My Cozy Pink Crochet Vest

 My first crochet post. I decided to make a vest from a creator's page I found through Pinterest. Which took me by surprise because I normally only find link posts through the site where I have to pay for patterns or just pure ads( not saying there isnt free patterns but I just have bad luck, hahah). This was a completely free tutorial with different sizes available all with a simple English's written format. I had bought several worsted skeins but didn't had a project in mind. That's something I want to learn to control in the future. I saw this easy pattern and decided to follow it because:

  1. I need to learn how to read crochet patterns. I mainly have crochet from Japanese's diagrams since they're 1 language: (symbols). 
  2. I had the amount of yarn ( A bit extra though, in case)
  3. Easy enough for me to craft while listening to an audiobook
  4. It is a Vest. Which is perfect for layering

I did had to make some modifications because the yarn I used, even though it was the same weight (worsted)But different brand and the hook size recommended wasn't matching the gauge of the tutorial. I had to used a size 6mm. It's insane how many swatches I had to make to finally reach the gauge. I used the brand from Michaels impeccable yarn in color soft rose, and used 4 skeins. I had 5 skeins just in case. during my crocheting therapy....,I had to start several times because I didn't noticed that I followed the medium size and I'm size large. Halfway finishing the back panel I noticed I had different stitches mixed up in one row. The first half with single crochet and the other half in double crochet. Then, I assumed that the front panels had the same square "shape" as the back but I forgot completely that this pattern has a strap in the front panel. (Not so much therapy anymore)

I tend to assume I know what I'm doing even in my real job and then I get in trouble and have to start over or fix again things up and I seem to not learn. It doesn't help how distracted I get while listening to an audiobook. To be honest, if it wasn't for all of these mistakes I would had finished already. The pattern is so easy and here I am overcomplicating myself because I overestimate, and my lack of focus is over 9000.


Te original pattern didn't had any ruffles or anything on the sides or button but a simple trim. It was meant to be simple and easy pattern for anyone to follow. But you know me ;), I like my laces, ruffles and my cuteness everywhere. Maybe I overdid it but oh well hahhah. I also decided to make the buttom trim different. I think the whole fabric embroidery trim gave a very femenine soft touch, and the pink color complimented that look.



 I need to finish the rest of the yarn skein 1.5 left..I though I had the exact amount but it seems I did a bad calculation which is not rare since I'm bad at math. I don't want to have skeins left from any projects. I rather have the perfect amount because then what am I suppose to do with the rest if I don't have enough for a new project? Having to buy more with a different lot dye is a nightmare if the yarn is a solid color I found. I think It's very noticeable. Anyways, what do you think about it? Do you like it? What would you have changed? Again, the pattern isn't mine so here's the links from the creator. I might make an update if I ever decide to add anything else. I just wanted to upload what I had at the moment here. 

Thanks for reading my never-ending complaints :D


pattern by:

https://www.highlandhickorydesigns.com/wild-orchid-cardigan/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting rid of STUFF is HARD

     Here I am today deciding when and what to keep. you see, my close is very small. well.. my whole room it is small. some people might th...