Thursday, December 21, 2023

Sunlight Through Branches, Leaves Rustle Secrets: Mori's Gentle Transformation

 Hello my hoglets, it's me again.. well who did you expected anyways? hahah. I'm...READY for my next topic. I wanted to talk about something in case you weren't aware off... and it's that.. as the title suggests... mori isn't GONE/DONE. I know...I know *shocked pikachu face*😆. We know it has been a long time since the fashion was "trendy" (Irony, if you know you know lol) .But it was never really gone gone.. it's visibility might have faded but it was always there for the people who didn't fit into trends, and values what mori kei stands for. They/we were just hidden.. a bit.. or a lot....  like hoglets (lol).. This might be no brainer to some people but sometimes we do get scared when things get lost in time and history, there are individuals like us that yearn for the past at least in this context...morikei fashion. I do care for it a lot too, and I know I haven't worn it for as many years as other OG mori people but it always had been inside of me, now it's the time for me to yell MORI I LOVE YOUuuuuu lol...



 now for REAL -cough-

 Did you know the fashion is still worn by Japanese people but they no longer call it mori kei/mori girl? (FYI: many japanese people don't even know that fashion even existed at all, yup..sad). today's still it's more driven into sustainability and minimalism. A slight difference than OG mori kei but still a similar-ish path. I'm glad hah, don't you think so? ufff. It's more into natural materials than the og style.. specially Linen. To be honest, I have seen on intagram accounts from a very cutesy lacey, and embroidery coords to very simplistic ones, layered but more solid pieces. Both with a more mature look than mori kei from the 2000's since it was mainly worn by Teen and college students and today's look is more driven to adults, but younger people wear it. It's about comfort don't forget ;)

Some OLD images from stores and magazine STREET shoots. there's many variations of mori outfits. This is just an example of the girly/cutesy versions I meant, there's even more cutesy versions (mainly by magazines, the og versions weren't meant to be super cutesy) if you know you know ;). 





Modern style called "natural fashion"





    The clothing pieces I've seen is more size inclusive since this "new style" is more oversized and relaxed than the old school mori kei in the old age era. The brands are more expensive since they're more smaller/indie shop that create these pieces. so, if you want to support those brands you can since there's many that sell on mine.jp which is an equivalent store like Etsy but Japan. the bad news is that you need a third party service in order to ship. i just wanted to share the news to anyone who didn't know that the sizes are more inclusive and also longer length for people who didn't fit into the old mori brands ;)

What do you think about the current "Natural Linen Fashion "aka modern mori kei? 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting rid of STUFF is HARD

     Here I am today deciding when and what to keep. you see, my close is very small. well.. my whole room it is small. some people might th...