Friday, December 22, 2023

Finding Peace in Morikei and Cottagecore During Lockdowns

 If you're reading this you might be already wearing mori or you're simply trying to understand it, it's all good!. You feel that the fashion speaks to you and the lifestyle makes you feel welcome or cozy? heheh I get it. It is what your soul have always been looking for. don't worry, it's here and it will always stay. I will make sure of it 😝. So what this has to do with the title of this post? well...

 It's no wonder since Covid has impacted our lives that people's mental health has became more chaotic, trying to find an escape even if it meant momentary, who didn't? that goes honestly for everyone. WHO has enjoyed or is enjoying this gray world that were living?, not me that's for sure. Back in the 2000's in the streets of Japan, the society was changing. It was blooming but it was a too fast for the people to get a hang of it, I wasn't there but I can honestly just speak about the fashion trends more than their economy which was also being affected(hence why mori kei was born), well..not really. BUT...one bit of its reasons, heh. Today were doing it with the introduction of the Cottagecore lifestyle. It's ironic how mori kei came back to the surface again after many years( we know it wasnt dead dead but.. well a bit dead-ish. I guess there's something in common with Mori.😁 

I'm quite late to this topic since lockdowns has been gone(pray the lord)..but here we go.

 Anyhow, I noticed something peculiar these couple of years when I looked at the people who were joining to both communities. I noticed people who have felt attached to both fashion & Lifestyle. These individuals personalities tends to be calm, soft, introverts who likes to spend time by themselves looking for ways to improve their inner self true the power of nature and are full of imagination and creativity. Am I wrong? I'm not saying everyone is the same but there seems to be a pattern of similar personalities, it's no wonder people confuse both Cottagecore and Mori kei, in the end we want a similar end "peace and slow living".

How it all affected me after the lockdowns:

 I noticed how calmer I have become since I have taken the time to create and explore my surroundings. Even myself have become tangled with the fast speed and consumerism scam of society. I noticed how many years it has passed since I felt like I was learning, specially during this depressing years of my life. My soul became sour, sadder than it used to be. after all, I'm alone in the States and haven't made any local friends since I got here. The only mori friends I have made has been online, never met anyone. I was ok doing videos and talking about the fashion, I was upset because I didn't had anyone to have fun but I could endure a bit(another story for another day, I have a hard time making friends lol, but that's a me problem). 

 The moment covid and the lockdown happend everything changed. I couldn't get a hold of myself, a deep hole on my chest started growing, and the fast paced around my surrounding made me felt more ill. At first I'm going to be honest, I though it was a nice excuse to stay inside playing games forever or do other things I enjoyed but I never really had any idea of what I could learn, I just wanted to be alone since I'm an introvert. But that didn't lasted long when I started to grasp for some REAL air and sunlight. I decided to escape to a "Park". I started looking online if anyone was feeling the way I did and no surprise we all were depressed with how things were at the time. I noticed many started lifting themselves by creating new jobs, enjoying new hobbies and that inspired me. I decided to do the same and find my muse again. my hobbies were limited at the time and were mostly in dust and stored since I moved to the states. I wasn't creating like I used to because most my tools and materials weren't with me anymore, I had kept changing from different hobbies since I got here but I couldn't really connect to any of them until I found crochet & gardening. You see, I always been an impatient person, always wanted things to be done or be ready right away. 

 I don't understand why I was like that, even in school I would even compete with my classmates with writing down all notes as fast as I could, maybe I though it was fun and that stayed with me, weird. I noticed now in the present that that I try to do the same, rush my life. I don't even remember enjoying many things did in my youth. During lockdowns I wanted to be more resilient with things like patience satisfaction with life and find inner peace. 

 Trust me, I have come so far from how I used to be and I'm still not perfect, I know I will never be. I know I mention in the past that we/us mori people are calm, this or that. But I'm only talking about the present me and not the way I used to be. I have learned a lot in these past few years. I remember more of my present than younger self years, and all the things I have accomplished. After being more active into the fashion and lifestyle thanks to social media I started incorporating things based on what's been popular according to the old mori magazines and blogs for my mental health and for a way to put myself in the shoes of the old mori folks. That's when I started looking into gardening and crochet. I have never done either nor I had anyone who could teach me. These were hobbies that I always admired and was tempted to try but didn't know anyone who knew about it or knew how to make it. Back in my old ages we could only rely on books or people you knew. zero internet until I was a teenager. Today what you have seen me do been learned from scratch. 


 I feel more fulfilled right now. The idea of filling your head with new ideas even if gives you a bit of headache at times, once you see with your own hands what you have created it completely transforms you. It impacted my life to another level ,and I want it to stay with me as long as I can, I will try to do more slow living activities to keep my inner self intact even if our society is falling into pure chaos. I want to stay sowing and growing my vegetables in my backyard while I watch the world burn, heheh( I went a bit dark for fun).

Have the lockdown has affected the way you think or reflect in life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting rid of STUFF is HARD

     Here I am today deciding when and what to keep. you see, my close is very small. well.. my whole room it is small. some people might th...