Saturday, December 23, 2023

Where Sand Meets Forest: Layering in the Sunshine State

 Who said you couldn't wear more in a hot climate country? I'm from Puerto Rico but I moved to Florida which is literally considered the sunshine state. I won't deny that sometimes it has been hard because even though Puerto Rico is hot. It's quite not the same. Florida is weird.. I never had one day where the climate wouldn't change so randomly. Some days hot, other breezy.. then it rains. Well you get it. I had to change the wardrobe several times to see what I could stand for hours. I'm someone who doesn't really go out, and noticed what I had in my wardrobe that I couldn't wear for too many hours or never here O_O. I had bought my pieces that I fall in love because it had many details, layers, heavy materials or synthetic fabrics, etc. Many I had to let go and sell and rethink how I buy from now on. I tried to challenge Florida's weird pattern weather at first but after a while I just got tired? Covid didn't helped either during that time. After having many mood changes due to the constant battle between the multiples change I was noticing in society, I only knew is that I wanted is to be relaxed. I didn't wanted to keep fighting with what I'm supposed to love. FASHION. Working with Youtube videos where I would upload videos where fashion was my main topic took a toll on me. I would find pieces that I could show to people even if they were inconvenient(my fault obviously). I just wanted to show people that you too could wear mori, you just needed to know where to look.

 I noticed that cotton,cotton blend,bamboo are mainly the best for me, linen  as well but it depends because there's different thicknesses and if it's more of the woven type it's less breathable for me. It's no surprise to some. It's a natural breathable material. Not all cotton though. Some are thicker and harsh at least to me so I like when they're combined with elastane or rayon just to name in few. full thick cottons are ok for me if it's the bottom area. To be honest I balance one place where I can get breeze while feeling secured in other areas. Maybe in my case its do to bras that makes me more less resilient. If it's the cheap thin cottons tops they are perfect but if you're a woman.... You're kinda forced to layer more to hide some thingies because they tend to be too transparent. The basics from Uniqlo are my most comfortable tops I own. If I have synthetic materials pieces they have to be at least rayon and if it's polyester they have to be the thinnest ones which isn't hard to find since that's what fast fashion only afford lol. I buy them from Depop or posh mark. Buying online is another topic for another post because I can't touch the materials..... It's a big challenge.

Don't give up. Learn to recognize what you already have. Think on how would you normally layer, and start substituting the fabrics after going out with a typical outfit you would like to wear daily. Itchy, warm, in breathable, etc. Try going with simple looks. Read and study your tolerance. It's all different for everybody. Having pieces and accessories that you can remove and Put back on easily. choose small and thin for every piece and a great tip.

Good luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting rid of STUFF is HARD

     Here I am today deciding when and what to keep. you see, my close is very small. well.. my whole room it is small. some people might th...