Monday, December 25, 2023

Staying Cool & Cozy: My Top Mori Fashion Picks for Hot Climates

 Staying cool and cozy would be a perfect combination when it comes to mori but we all know that the climate is never perfect so we have to adjust. I cannot speak for everyone's specific pieces but I can share what I normally have found to work for me in living in the sunshine state of "Le Florida" lol. just as I mentioned in my other post with has a similar title "Sunshine State", I said how I had to adjust to Florida's random weather, and even though I tried to challenge it, I decided to take it more seriously and find things that could actually help me out wear more my closet the whole year or at least most of it, well maybe a bit more than usual. I'm not gonna lie but I still have pieces that are cold centered but i tried to keep them minimal than what I had before. I have sold many things in these 1-2 years. I might make another post of "picks" per se but for this one I will mention the things I noticed I have kept reusing over and over. maybe it's because they're simply favorites, or maybe it's the colors/palettes that grabs my attention. the thing is...that I keep wearing them. that must be good, right?

Here are my picks from MY CLOSET:

Headbands are one of those accessories that look so beautiful in most coords. It's delicate, enhances your face, and you can remove it whenever you can. I found this one on Poshmark years ago, and have another one I got from Taobao years ago when I started wearing mori. I want to make my own since I crochet now but I'm so lazy. There's many patterns out there to choose from. Next, 

Clips/Hairclips/Pins are a great accessory to have since you can add them to any outfit you have. Shoes, top, bottom, hair, etc? anywhere you want. I do felt in love in specific with one I got from Taobao also years ago because it had a hair clip and a pin both attached to the back. Being something small meant that I could attach it to simple pieces and enhance my outfit with less effort in the heat. when you wear something very simple, let's say "normie" well you look... Normie lol?, so adding pieces with mori accents really levels up your look. at least that's what I think and I have noticed. You can agree to disagree, but I hope you agree non the less. 😂😂



Sleeveless Vests are also a thing I keep re-wearing. Same with everything I had said at the beginning, it does helps again adding dimension to your old plain comfy tshirts/tunics you would normally wear for the summer or the beach(it's been years i've been to one even though I literally come from one LOL). I do keep in mind on the material though. Some of the ones I have are made of natural materials, but some have lace fabrics which tend to be from synthetics materials or maybe the linen is simply too thick for that temperature. I tend so switch from very thin ones to even some I have made in crochet with very big opened stitches.


Crochet Pieces are also a good option for layer up if you're able to get one of make one yourself. I have been reusing mostly the ones that have big opening. even though some are made of acrylic, if the opening are big enough the air will pass trough. I do want to make one of bamboo and Tencel. Never worked with them but I have the yarns in my possessions and oh~lala how soft they are, hahah. I hope get done with all acrylics, and continue purchasing natural yarns even if they cost me more. I mean, I'm gonna stay in Florida for who knows? Acrylics are good for indoors if they're blankets i think but how many would I need or want?😌

Flat Shoes are another thing I have kept wearing lately. I only had high boots even in Puerto Rico. I would wear even if my feet were sweaty and hot. People would always stare and tell me how crazy I was. I just, dunno... I like boots? lol but since starting to wear mori, when I would layer up the boots were adding a lot of more weight to me(I felt). The heat got more and more unbearable. My footsteps became more heavier than before with so much layering over me already. I decided to start wearing some flat shoes with a thinner material I got from Taobao(back then I was doing all my mori purchases there hence my constant repetition of the site, I mean they have very nice stuff sniff), to try and experiment and I guess I liked it. As I mentioned, they were made with natural materials so they were also more breathable but also complimented my looks. I could wear them with any fashion style so that was good too. I still have my boots but I would wear depending on how I feel that day. Hah

 Many of the accessories I mentioned as you can see have decorations/crochet or anything with texture. That's one of my biggest pick points into getting that mori look in the summer. Add texture over your simple pieces to elevate that cozy look. I will mentioning that point in several of my posts. (I was going say "videos", I'm stuck as a "youtuber" lol). This post was mainly about my picks but it's kinda a tangent topic with what those pieces had in common with what I normally wear or would wear in any mori conditions. Hope everything made sense to you!. Happy Mori~



No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting rid of STUFF is HARD

     Here I am today deciding when and what to keep. you see, my close is very small. well.. my whole room it is small. some people might th...